I thought setting up a blog was going to be the hard part. No one told me that the second post is even harder! Today is a beautiful day in Edmonton. The sun is shining, it's +6 at the moment, I had the AC on in the car while I was driving around, and the snow in my front yard is nearly gone. There is still 2 feet in the backyard, though. My car needs to be washed in the worst way, but I am not patient enough to sit in line and wait my turn. Besides, the puddles are going to be around for awhile yet, so my car is just going to get dirty again anyway.
Speaking of my car, it's part of the HUGE Toyota recall. In the short 6 months that I have owned it, it's been recalled twice. Figures, eh? The first recall had to do with the vacuum system on the brakes, and they had to move some part of the brake system further up inside the car where it wouldn't be affected by the cold and snow/ice build-up. The second recall, as I'm sure you've read, regards the accelerator pedal mechanism that can get sticky after lots of wear and tear, and cause the sudden and alarming acceleration of your car. The first letter I got from Toyota explained what to do if your car was experiencing the acceleration problem, but asked that I wait for a second letter before calling to make a repair appointment.
The second letter came earlier this week, so the repair will coincide with my 6 month check-up and oil change. Now to make the appointment. I thought about it every day while driving to work, and told myself to remember the mileage before I shut the car off (they always ask for the mileage when you call). Each day, I forgot to look at the mileage as I got out of the car, so didn't call to make the appointment. (Don't ask why I didn't go out to my car at lunch or on a break and get it. I don't have a good answer for that except to say that my almost 40 year old brain doesn't work that way.) Hopefully next week will be a better brain functioning week. I practiced today by noticing the mileage (7012 Km) when I got out of the car this afternoon. No promises that by Monday morning I will remember to do it again.
The AC? I love it! = )
ReplyDeleteI agree with S.O.
ReplyDeleteWhat toyota model did you get? And only 7000km?! What colour is it?Your car may be recalled, but you haven't been (regarding the comment on your brain!)
Amy, I bought a 2010 Toyota Corolla at the end of August. It's "magnetic gray" (dark gray). I would have uploaded a picture, but I'm not "picture on the blog" savy yet.
ReplyDeletewhat is +6 in south-of-your-border degrees? i don't think in centigrade. wait, i think i should have stopped at the "i don't think" part. hope all is well, lori.
ReplyDeletemakes me think of a baby, 6 month update! I hope you don't have any major issues. Good luck. Now not only am I grateful I don't have your payments, I am glad I don't have to deal with a recall. What a pain!
ReplyDeleteTo upload a picture, when you are typing a post, there is a image icon on the bar on top of the post. Click on that and you can upload a pic. Took me forever but now I've got it figured out! Look forward to seeing pictures!